This course is provided Free of Charge and Continuing Education credits are available. This is a 2 Day Course. (June 13 and June 14, 2012) Each day begins at 9am and ends at 5pm. Lunch will be provided both days.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an exciting public education program that helps people identify, understand, and respond to individuals experiencing signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. MHFA was developed to help members of the community support an individual developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Recommended for people working with the public (nurses, teachers, public welfare workers, law enforcement, etc), as well as anyone who wants to learn more about mental health or feel more comfortable assisting someone experiencing a mental health problem.
This innovative 12-hour training teaches:
- Basic knowledge of the potential risk factors and warning signs for a range of mental health problems
- A 5-step action plan encompassing the skills to assess a situation, select and implement appropriate interventions, and help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional care
- Understanding of the prevalence of various mental health disorders in the U.S. and the need for reduced stigma
- Working knowledge of the appropriate professional, peer, social, and self-help resources available to help someone with a mental health problem achieve recovery
Continuing education hours available for $15.00. C4′s MHFA course has been approved for 12 hours from the following licensing bodies:
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association, Inc. (IAODAPCA)
- Illinois Nurses Association (INA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- Society for Human Resource Management’s HR Certification Institute
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for emergency medical services professionals
Click on the link below to register or RSVP. Your registration will be complete after you have completed the necessary registration forms that will be emailed to you AFTER you have RSVP’d.
For more information click here: Mental Health First Aid Certification Course 6-14-12
To register, click here.