Partners in the Journey Certificate Training for Facilitators of Faith Based Domestic Violence and Abuse Support Groups
A Program of FOCUS Ministries
THERE IS STILL TIME TO REGISTER!
Network with others who want to be God’s vessel for healing the wounds of abusive relationships.
Partners in the Journey
June 29-30, 2012
Support Group Leaders Training Weekend
14 CEUs for Licensed Counselors & Social Workers
Are you interested in starting a support group for women who experience domestic violence and abusive relationships?
FOCUS Ministries offers a certificate program for support group leaders in our Partners in the Journey Seminars. The training includes an extensive training manual that covers all the aspects of starting a support group, the dynamics of support groups, domestic violence training, how to help a victim, and information on how to provide spiritual direction for victims of abuse.
Our training goes beyond the seminars. Our FOCUS support group leaders become part of a Christian community of leaders worldwide and a member of an established organization that has proven itself since 1995.
FOCUS Ministries is dedicated to serving our leaders by:
- Making them aware of pertinent resources, conferences, and seminars
- Providing free or discounted resources
- Providing a platform of communication with other leaders worldwide
- Offering confidential one-on-one leader consultation regarding areas of concern and problematic issues
- Ongoing training through our webinars
- Providing encouragement, support, and spiritual direction
- Providing prayer support
- Providing our FOCUS Newsletters for the support group
- Providing advertisement of support groups on our website and in our FOCUS Newsletter
Registration fee includes the training manual, snacks and lunch for both days.
- The Support Group Leader’s Guide is only available for purchase by Partners in the Journey attendees. This resource provides specific topics to lead a FOCUS support group. The manual may also be purchased at the seminar. Note: The Support Group Leader’s Guide is not the same as the training manual.
- Seminar will be held at Comfort Inn Suites in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Registration deadline: June 22, 2012
- Call: 630-595-7023 after June 22, 2012 for space availability.
- Accommodations: Comfort Inn Suites
17 W 445 Roosevelt Rd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
* Lodging is available at special group rate of $74.99/night for double occupancy plus tax. Make reservations by June 8, 2012 and mention FOCUS Ministries to get the special rate. Check-in time is 3 p.m.
Note: Each person is responsible for making their own hotel reservations!
- Food: Complimentary breakfast is available for Comfort Inn guests. Lunch for both days is included in the registration fee. Snacks will be provided. Dinner on Friday and Saturday are on your own.
- Registration begins on Friday, June 29, 2012 at 8:30 am. The seminar on Friday and Saturday runs from 9 a.m. and ends at 5:00 pm.
- A bookstore will be available to purchase resources.
- American Taxi gives a special rate (this is not a free shuttle service) from O’Hare Airport to those staying at the Comfort Inn Suites. Call: 877-755-2227 to schedule arrival and departure times.
- For a printable copy of the brochure for more information and to print out copies to give to others, download the Partners In The Journey Brochure
- Information and Registration
Paula is co-founder and president of FOCUS Ministries, Inc. Her M.A. in Counseling is from Northeastern IL University. She is the Director of the FOCUS Women’s Center, a support group leader, speaker, workshop leader, and coauthor of Violence Among Us: Ministry to Families in Crisis.