6259 N. Broadway Ave, Chicago, IL, 60660
- Phone: 773-262-1616
- Email: email@example.com
- Primary Contact Person: Mr. Nizar Jawani
- Organization Type: Faith Community/House of Worship
- Health Program Topics:
Cardiovascular Disease, Chronic Disease Prevention & Management, Emergency Preparedness, Health Fair, Immunization, Interfaith Understanding and Collaboration, Leadership Development, Mental Health, Nutrition, Physical Activity, Policy and Advocacy, Spiritual Care, Spirituality and Healing
- Service Areas:
Chicago, Chicagoland, DuPage County, Edgewater, Northern Suburbs, Northside, Western Suburbs
- Primary Ethnicities Served:
Central Asian, Middle Eastern, South Asian
- Languages Spoken (other than English):
Arabic, English, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu
- Congregation Size: Over 3000
- Religious Affiliation: Muslim (ISLAM) (MUS)
- This facility can offer the following facilities in case of an emergency or disaster:
- Large Gathering Rooms
- Parking Lot
- This facility has emergency preparedness plans in place.
- This facility has a plan for outreach/communication with members in the event of an emergency.
- This facility is willing to partner with public health departments in administering vaccines in time of public health crisis.
- This facility has trained health professionals who can assist in medical interventions such as vaccinations or other procedures.
- This facility has a corps of emergency volunteers who can assist with tasks as needed—e.g. clean up, transportation, phone calls, etc.
Ismaili Center in Chicago « Back to Directory
“Our purpose is to take care of the jamat (worshipping community) and to support them so they can live happy, fruitful and dignified lives. We can, therefore, contribute generously to our jamat and to the surrounding communities in which we live.” -Mr. Nizar Jiwani, Communications Director, Midwest Council. (Locations: Chicago, Edgewater; Glenview, Naperville)
Additional Services Provided
- Programs planned and administered by health board of regional council;
- Building is available for flu clinics, disaster response--Large gathering room, offices;
- Detailed, structured EP system in place. Best practices example.